Wedding season is quickly approaching and we have EIGHT weddings to attend this year!! Isn’t that completely crazy?
That means I’ll be investing in several dresses & maybe some jumpsuits that I can easily wear and repeat throughout the spring and summer. Some of my girlfriends have tried to push me to do Rent the Runway but so often time the dress never ends up fitting how I’d like so personally I like to purchase my best-dressed guest attire online. My go-to sources include Shopbop, Tuckernuck and Club Monaco.
Most of the weddings we attend are out of town. That means I always try to make sure I pack a variety of clutches, dress shoes, dresses for both the rehearsal dinner & wedding, as well as a jumpsuit or two! I recently purchased this Free People dress for under $200 dollars for a wedding we have coming up in Charleston. I also love this clutch from Tuckernuck that could go with pretty much anything this summer! Last but not least, how cute is this Keepsake dress? One of my girlfriends bought it in a different color last year and I still love it!
You guys! I’m so excited to finally share the before photos of our brand stinking new Greenwich Village apartment! If you’ve been following a long for a few years now, you know when I first moved to New York I lived in Murray Hill (you can see my first place here!). From there I moved on up to the Upper East Side (#projectUES) and now, I’ve made my way down to Greenwich Village.
My boyfriend and I found our apartment on Street Easy. We actually didn’t have to look at too many places before deciding that this was the one! It’s over 1,000 square feet with a sunk in living room + fireplace. The AC units are a bit dated but hopefully that won’t be too hard of a fix.
I’m actually so excited to see how we bring our furniture and design aesthetics together! I made us an appointment at Restoration Hardware and we also have the Shade Store coming over to measure for custom curtains for the bedroom. The corner window in the bedroom would be a bit challenging to do on my own so we decided to bring in the professionals! I worked with the Shade Store on custom bamboo shades for my apartment in Murray Hill and loved the way it turned out.
In the meantime, be sure to follow along on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes look at our apartment progress! Happy Sunday. Xo. Lauren
Good morning!! So sorry for the radio silence around here this month. Getting back to the city after the holidays has been a bit of a blur with travel, work and prepping for my move!!! Eeeek, I can’t believe it’s finally happening next week! If you tune in to Instagram this weekend, I’ll be giving a full behind-the-scenes “before” tour on Sunday.
Anywhooo, let’s get to it!
Shopbop is having their first major sale in 2018 where you can save up to 75% off! Today is the last day of the sale so make sure to check it out!! From dresses to boots to bags, there are so many great designer items you can pick up on major discount. I’ve blogged about these brands before but in case you are not familiar, I’m currently loving Milma & Veronica Beard? How cute is this cute bucket bag for winter? I picked up this one shoulder Veronica Beard top for a Bachelorette Party I’m attending here in New York in a few weekends. Other brands I’ve been shopping as of late are Ramy Brook, Re:Named, Ella Moon and BB Dakota. I picked up this BB Dakota Jacket to pair with silk cami’s and this cute little star dress for a conference I have next week!
What brands have you been loving lately? Happy Shopping! Xo. Lauren
With the New Year right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to refresh your activewear! New Year resolutions will be in full swing and if you’re anything like me, “working out more” will certainly be on the list.
Investing in activewear instantly makes me feel better when I hit the gym! Today I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite activewear pieces I’ve had my eyes on + below is my must-have list! P.s. Don’t forget today’s the lastly for the Shopbop sale! You can shop an additional 25% off sale items with Code JOY25.
Hope everyone had a great week!! Xo. Lauren
1. APL Sneakers: These are by far my favorite sneakers I’ve tried to-date. They are great for running and everyday activities – plus they come in a wide variety of colors! I love them so much I even got my boyfriend to try them.
2. Jogger Pants: When it comes to working out during the winter, it’s important you wear the appropriate outerwear to the gym or workout class! I love jogger pants for warmth over my yoga pants or shorts! Jogger pants are also perfect for travel.
3. Cropped Sweatshirt or Hoodie: This is a new trend I’m getting on board with asap. I’ve seen girls all over New York pair a cropped sweatshirt or hoodies with their yoga pants and it looks so cute!
4. Sports Bras: Whether you prefer tanks with built in sports bras or wearing sports bras alone for your workout, it never hurts to have too many sport bra options! I love this mesh corset bra from Live The Process.
5. Activewear Tops: This is one thing that I never buy for some reason – I have to make a distinct effort in investing in new activewear tops! I love this one and this one!