You guys! My 7th grade dreams are coming true today. Last week I had a chance to interview Lance Bass (N’Sync was my first concert EVER, you?) as part of my Coffee Talk Series and take a peek inside his LA home he shares with Michael Turchin. The duo teamed up with Home Goods (my favorite) to help put the finishing touches on their LA Home. After two years of renovations, it’s safe to say that Lance and Michael’s home came together perfectly.
As you scroll down, you’ll see their home is full of bold art, modern touches and some seriously affordable decor. Keep reading to see how Lance and Michael mastered their eclectic style, where they love to brunch in LA and where the couple plans to head on their next getaway!
1. Name: Lance Bass
2. Occupation: Entertainer, producer, TV and radio host
3. Lives In: Los Angeles, California
Let’s Chat Décor
1. Your style in 3 words: My style in 3 words is eclectic, chic, laid-back
2. Go-to bedding: I love bedding that is lush, plush, and classic. I tend to change my bedding pretty frequently so I love places like HomeGoods where I can get multiple options without breaking the bank.
3. What inspired you most when re-designing your LA Home?: our location and surroundings were the main inspiration when redesigning our home. Our house is nestled atop a quiet hill and surrounded by an expansive forest so we really wanted to create a space that complemented the outdoors while maintaining a luxurious modern edge.
4. Decorating cheap thrill: my husband and I love to continually change and swap out the different accent pieces scattered throughout the house. We often frequent flea markets and places like HomeGoods etc. so we can find an endless stream of unique pieces that make a big impact and add character to our home.
5. Favorite piece in your home: I’d have to say that my favorite piece would be our living room coffee table. The base of the table is an actual 500lb ship propeller which supports a massive square piece of cut glass. It’s so unique and always generates a heap of compliments.
6. Most challenging part about re-designing your home: I’d have to say the most challenging part about redesigning our new home was deciding between keeping or disposing of the furniture I had accrued over the years as a result of moving so many times. I really had to step back and look past all the sentimental feelings pertaining to certain pieces. Ultimately, settling on the few pieces that I truly loved and ridding myself of years and years of accumulation was a very rewarding experience!
7. Go-to resource for home accessories: As I’ve mentioned already, I’m a big fan of HomeGoods. My husband actually introduced me to HomeGoods several years ago and I’m so glad that he did. There’s anything and everything imaginable there for decorating a home that fits your personal style and the prices are unbeatable which makes a big difference when you frequently like to redecorate certain rooms.
Let’s Get Personal
1. It’s cocktail hour in LA, where are you?: 9 out of 10 times you’ll find me sitting outside my house on my set of swings looking out over the amazing forest/city views. My backyard is definitely my go-to place for relaxing after a long hectic day.
2. Top 3 spots to brunch: my favorite LA brunch spots would have to be Sweet Butter, Cecconi’s, and Laurel Hardware.
3. Favorite restaurant: it might be impossible for me to pick just one favorite restaurant, but if the amount of times I frequent a place is also taken into account then I’d have to go with my girl Lisa Vanderpump’s restaurant Pump. I eat dinner there pretty much every week and love it more and more every time I go. The foods is great and the ambiance is simply beautiful.
4. LA’s hidden gem (could be a antique/furniture shop, coffee shop, etc.): There’s an amazing second-hand furniture/accessory store called TINI that I’ve always been a big fan of. It’s two stories of really cool unique finds that’s always changing!
Let’s Escape For A Minute
1. Favorite Hotel: it’s hard for me to pick just one hotel since I travel so frequently. I’ve always been a big fan of the Gramercy Park Hotel in NYC because of its chic interior and amazing scent (Yes, I love the smell of the hotel so much that I’ve ordered dozens of their candles to use in my own home). I also just recently stayed at the One hotel in Miami and I really enjoyed how Eco-friendly it was while remaining top notch in respect to design, quality, and service.
2. If you could travel in a moment’s notice, where would you go?: If I could drop everything right now and travel somewhere I’d probably go to an amazing resort in Bora Bora and purely relax for a straight week. I’m a sucker for beautiful beaches and a crystal clear ocean.
3. Next destination: speaking of beaches and oceans, my next travel destination is actually going to be on a cruise that I am hosting via my radio show, Dirty Pop. We will be sailing around the Caribbean for a week, and I can’t wait to have a blast with my friends and fans alike!
4. Bucket List: I think the most obvious thing on my bucket list is traveling to space! I’ve been so passionate about space and space travel since a very young age and would love nothing more than to fulfill this goal at some point in my life!