I’ve been a fan of Tory Burch and her empire for years! When I recently came across her Southampton home tour on Arch Digest last week I knew I had to share with you guys. It is seriously aaaaa-maaaaa-zingggggg.
From the library to the sunroom, Tory’s home is definitely one for the design archives. What I love most is Tory’s use of custom fabrics and wallpaper throughout the entire home.
You guys! My 7th grade dreams are coming true today. Last week I had a chance to interview Lance Bass (N’Sync was my first concert EVER, you?) as part of my Coffee Talk Series and take a peek inside his LA home he shares with Michael Turchin. The duo teamed up with Home Goods (my favorite) to help put the finishing touches on their LA Home. After two years of renovations, it’s safe to say that Lance and Michael’s home came together perfectly.
As you scroll down, you’ll see their home is full of bold art, modern touches and some seriously affordable decor. Keep reading to see how Lance and Michael mastered their eclectic style, where they love to brunch in LA and where the couple plans to head on their next getaway!
1. Name:Lance Bass
2. Occupation: Entertainer, producer, TV and radio host
3. Lives In: Los Angeles, California
Let’s Chat Décor
1. Your style in 3 words: My style in 3 words is eclectic, chic, laid-back
2. Go-to bedding: I love bedding that is lush, plush, and classic. I tend to change my bedding pretty frequently so I love places like HomeGoods where I can get multiple options without breaking the bank.
3. What inspired you most when re-designing your LA Home?: our location and surroundings were the main inspiration when redesigning our home. Our house is nestled atop a quiet hill and surrounded by an expansive forest so we really wanted to create a space that complemented the outdoors while maintaining a luxurious modern edge.
4. Decorating cheap thrill: my husband and I love to continually change and swap out the different accent pieces scattered throughout the house. We often frequent flea markets and places like HomeGoods etc. so we can find an endless stream of unique pieces that make a big impact and add character to our home.
5. Favorite piece in your home: I’d have to say that my favorite piece would be our living room coffee table. The base of the table is an actual 500lb ship propeller which supports a massive square piece of cut glass. It’s so unique and always generates a heap of compliments.
6. Most challenging part about re-designing your home: I’d have to say the most challenging part about redesigning our new home was deciding between keeping or disposing of the furniture I had accrued over the years as a result of moving so many times. I really had to step back and look past all the sentimental feelings pertaining to certain pieces. Ultimately, settling on the few pieces that I truly loved and ridding myself of years and years of accumulation was a very rewarding experience!
7. Go-to resource for home accessories: As I’ve mentioned already, I’m a big fan of HomeGoods. My husband actually introduced me to HomeGoods several years ago and I’m so glad that he did. There’s anything and everything imaginable there for decorating a home that fits your personal style and the prices are unbeatable which makes a big difference when you frequently like to redecorate certain rooms.
Let’s Get Personal
1. It’s cocktail hour in LA, where are you?: 9 out of 10 times you’ll find me sitting outside my house on my set of swings looking out over the amazing forest/city views. My backyard is definitely my go-to place for relaxing after a long hectic day.
2. Top 3 spots to brunch: my favorite LA brunch spots would have to be Sweet Butter, Cecconi’s, and Laurel Hardware.
3. Favorite restaurant: it might be impossible for me to pick just one favorite restaurant, but if the amount of times I frequent a place is also taken into account then I’d have to go with my girl Lisa Vanderpump’s restaurant Pump. I eat dinner there pretty much every week and love it more and more every time I go. The foods is great and the ambiance is simply beautiful.
4. LA’s hidden gem (could be a antique/furniture shop, coffee shop, etc.): There’s an amazing second-hand furniture/accessory store called TINI that I’ve always been a big fan of. It’s two stories of really cool unique finds that’s always changing!
Let’s Escape For A Minute
1. Favorite Hotel: it’s hard for me to pick just one hotel since I travel so frequently. I’ve always been a big fan of the Gramercy Park Hotel in NYC because of its chic interior and amazing scent (Yes, I love the smell of the hotel so much that I’ve ordered dozens of their candles to use in my own home). I also just recently stayed at the One hotel in Miami and I really enjoyed how Eco-friendly it was while remaining top notch in respect to design, quality, and service.
2. If you could travel in a moment’s notice, where would you go?: If I could drop everything right now and travel somewhere I’d probably go to an amazing resort in Bora Bora and purely relax for a straight week. I’m a sucker for beautiful beaches and a crystal clear ocean.
3. Next destination: speaking of beaches and oceans, my next travel destination is actually going to be on a cruise that I am hosting via my radio show, Dirty Pop. We will be sailing around the Caribbean for a week, and I can’t wait to have a blast with my friends and fans alike!
4. Bucket List: I think the most obvious thing on my bucket list is traveling to space! I’ve been so passionate about space and space travel since a very young age and would love nothing more than to fulfill this goal at some point in my life!
I have to admit, Kourtney Kardashian is my favorite Kardashian. I even went as far to download her new app and yes, I’m paying $2.99 a month for it! Talk about seriously keeping up with one of my favorite reality TV stars..
I think the Kardashians are geniuses and as blogger, I have a thing or two to learn from these ladies and their massive empire! Anywho, you can find the stylish Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian on the cover of this month’s Architectural Digest. This has to be my favorite issue of the year as Architectural Digest reveals numerous celebrity homes across the country. Side note: you have to take a peep at Marc Anthony’s retreat in the Dominion Republic. #lifegoals
Kourtney Kardashian hired celebrity interior designer Martyn Lawrence Bullard to decorate her 11,500-square-foot Tuscan-style home in Calabasas, California. Martyn did amazing job picking sophisticated but family friendly pieces throughout the home. Khloe also hired Martyn to design her Mediterranean Revival house she bought from Justin Beiber. What I love most about this feature is that we get to see how very different and distinct Kourtney and Khloe’s homes are. To see the full home tours, visit ArchitechuralDigest.com!
Ok. I LOVE Jillian Harris. I was such a fan of her when she was on the bachelorette and now she’s killing it. Whether she’s updating her oh-so-cute instagram feed or co-hosting Vancouver’sLove It Or List It, it’s truly hard to miss Jillian Harris these days.
Jillian’s beautiful, eclectic home was recently featured on Style At Home and I had to share. The color palette, patterns and layout are truly on point that I would be more than happy to call this place my own. Jillian did such a good job mixing inherited family antiques with her eclectic, modern day style which can truly be hard to do!
You can head right this way for the entire Style At Home Feature. Have a lovely Friday, friends! Xo. Lauren